Sunday, April 5, 2009

First Post

Welcome to my blog.

If you are here it means that you are either interested in my opinion on things, have too much free time on your hands or a combination of the two.

A little bit about myself, I'm a 25-year-old graduate student at NYU's School of Continuing and Professional Studies in the Public Relations and Corporate Communication program. I graduated from the University of Connecticut in 2006 with a double major in Journalism and History. Over the last three years I've worked in Democratic politics, first as a Press Secretary for the Connecticut House of Representatives (Feb. 2007-June 2008), as a Field Organizer for President Obama's campaign (Oregon Primary, Michigan and Nevada in the general election), as a temporary Staff Assistant for Congressman Steve Rothman (NJ-9) and now as a member of Mayor Jerramiah Healy's re-election campaign in Jersey City.

Though I've been working in Jersey since January, I actually live on East 20th Street in New York City. This means that unlike most of the millions of people that surround the tri-state area, I actually commute out of the city every day.

My politics are progressive, my favorite baseball team is the Yankees, I love nearly all rock and roll, I am a coffee addict and I've been to 44 out of the 50 states in this great nation.

At the risk of getting too cozy right away, I'll leave you all with a video of the Red Hot Chili Peppers performing "Venice Queen" at Slane Castle in Ireland. This is an amazing concert and the best song of the night (I also refuse to use the phrase "in my opinion" on this blog because, who else's opinion could it be?).

What's really awesome about this song is that for the first two minutes or so, guitarist John Frusciante is recording the guitar riff that will play throughout the remainder of the song. Check it out, if you're an RHCP fan or a rock fan in general you'll love the video.

2 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to comment on your blog, Chris (that first comment that was deleted was a mistake -- wrong log-in). You're probably the smartest commuter -- so much easier to leave the city everyday than to enter it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon, but all things considered, life would be a heckuva lot easier if I could land a permanent job in NYC...

    Just waiting for the economy to turn around and happy for any work I can get for the time being.

    ReplyDelete